Post 6: Environmental care

In this post, I’m gonna talk about the importance of taking care of the environment. To cooperate in the care of the planet, one of the most important step that can be carried out is the acquisition of the “three R”, that is reduce, re-use and recycle.

The principle of three R refers to the development of responsible consumer habits: reduce the consumption of assets and energy, reuse an object to give it a second life (that is, to reuse something that may still be useful in either its original function or in a new function) and recycle, that is subjecting already used materials to a transformation process so that they can be reused.

Personally, I always seek to comply with these three principles, either using only the exact and necessary energy, reducing water consumption, using public transportation, recycling, etc. One of the things that I give more importance is the recycling; I’m looking to recycle the largest amount of things that the “green point” of Homecenter allows me: paper, glass, cardboard, tetrapak, tin, magazines, newspaper, various types of plastic (industries mainly produce plastic packaging and very few biodegradable packaging), among others.

The incorporation of these simple principles is important, because it’s a way of taking charge of the waste that we leave on the planet, which will not only affect the future generations, but finally all the species that coexist with us on this planet are affected.


Comentarios

  1. Is a very interesting post :) I am very much in agreement with such initiatives but I think the only way that there is a significant change is with more education for a more collective work that involves the whole society

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I agree with you, the Rs are very important

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

Post 9: Changes to my study program

Post 8: Summer plans